10.05.2007

Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel



By Heather McElhatton

Remember “Choose Your Own Adventure” books? I LOVED those when I was eight or nine years old. This book is kind of like that but for adults. I know it’s for adults because it is not fun at all. Most of the choices involve drugs, violence and kinky sex, with endings that are slightly depressing. The book starts out interestingly enough, posing a choice between going off to college or traveling to Europe after your high school graduation. However, it’s all downhill from there: I chose attending college with my boyfriend and somehow just a few pages later, I was enrolled in medical school and addicted to crystal meth. I thought I would enjoy going back to the beginning and making different choices but most of the other endings were just as depressing. I was tired of this book after about 15 minutes, mainly because the choices I was offered were completely ridiculous. I didn’t have very high expectations for this one, but it was still a disappointment. Not recommended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this book a lot. I read it over and over again for like at least an hour. Yeah some of it was ridiculous but it kept me interested to see what would happen next.