10.02.2007

The Other Woman




Twenty-one Wives, Lovers, and Others Talk Openly About Sex, Deception, Love and Betrayal

Edited by Victoria Zackheim

I picked this collection of essays because several of my favorite authors are featured in it: Pam Houston, Caroline Leavitt, Dani Shapiro. Their writings, as usual, did not disappoint, except that Shapiro’s piece was a reprint from a book that I’d already read. I enjoyed Mary Jo Eustace’s piece about her devastating discovery that her husband had fallen in love with Tori Spelling (yuck!) and Binnie Kirshenbaum’s essay about Princess Diana. While the end of the book felt a little boring, I found the first half to be insightful and well written. Reading about the relationship experiences of these women really makes you think about love, lust, and committment in a different light.

No comments: