5.06.2007

Be Mine





by Laura Kasischke

This novel was so bad that I'm embarrassed to add it to this blog. I think it was supposed to be chick lit crossed with suspense but it was just STUPID! On Valentine's Day, Sherry finds the first of a series of love notes in her mailbox at the community college where she works as a professor and they aren't from Jon, her husband of twenty years. Jon is all turned on by the fact that some stranger is stalking his wife so he keeps asking about the notes and encouraging her to be with this secret admirer. NOTE: spoilers ahead-- stop reading now if you don't want to know the big ridiculous ending. So, after Sherry has tons of crazy sex with her kinky husband and also with the "hot" auto mechanic teacher at the college, Jon starts crying and claims he was only kidding! Ooops! The real kicker is that the secret admirer turns out to be Laura's once beautiful but now frumpy and overweight best friend Sue, who says she was just trying to cheer her up. What a waste of paper!

Speaking of bad books, here are two others to avoid at all costs:

The Ruins by Scott Smith


Stephen King RAVED about this one in Entertainment Weekly and although I'm not a big mystery person, I didn't want to miss this great book. It was HORRIBLE! I thought it was supposed to be scary but the entire plot was ridiculous and the characters were totally stereotypical and bland. Instead of feeling scared as I read it, I just wanted to laugh because it as sooo bad!! My only consolation was the fact that most readers on amazon.com agreed with me.


User I.D. by Jenefer Shute


This book was so bad that I think I blocked it out! The plot about identity theft sounded intriguing but then more and more bad things happened to the victim and it was just excruciating to read. Hated it!

No comments: